The LaserGauge® Fit-Gate solution for automotive assembly lines has been installed in dozens of automotive plants around the world.
The LaserGauge® Fit-Gate System is a multiple-sensor inspection configuration using one or two LaserGauge® DSP sensors for 100% inline inspection of closure gap and flush in automotive plants. The Fit-Gate is used in both body-in-white and final assembly applications. Single-location gap and flush measurements as well as cross-car, V-gap and A-gap calculations are acquired. Each location can be measured in approximately one second per point.
Data from the Fit-Gate System can be saved locally, to a networked drive, or sent to a plant data handling and SPC system via serial or Ethernet interface.
LaserGauge® Fit-Gate Features
- Uses 2 DSP sensors to measure on both sides of car
- Automatically loads correct inspection routine based on VIN of car. Can receive the VIN from:
- Independent barcode scanner
- Optional barcode scanner on HS702 and HS703 sensors (Standard on HS761 and HS763)
- Manual entry
- Factory (PLC, Ethernet, Serial)
- In- and Out-of-spec conditions automatically calculated and notated. Other calculations, such as cross-car, A-gap, V-gap, max/min are made automatically.
- Inspection status displayed on monitors viewable by inspector, showing in- and out-of-spec locations and values or by audible tone to indicate measurement status
- Data automatically saved locally or on network drive
How the LaserGauge® Fit-Gate Works
- PC runs LGWorks routine
- Sends sensor setup information to sensors
- Receives inspection data from sensors and compares to spec limits
- Displays inspection data in color-coded format to large monitor viewable by inspectors and sounds an audible tone to indicate in- or out-of-spec measurements.
- Saves data to user-defined data format for factory storage and use, even in multiple locations
- Sends inspection data to optional Fitter’s Station for final correction of out-of-spec features
- Can print inspection summary to printer
Benefits of using the Laserguage® Fit-Gate
- Repeatable – multiple operators, all locations, all variations of models, colors, trim packages
- Flexible – large amount of measurement configurations and number of gauges
- Traceable – useful to track by model, plant, shift, etc for quality management
- Stable – fixed calibration with many installations
- Fast – meets data rate requirements